There are three common errors you might get on UserGuiding Chrome extension during a preview. These are;
- Selected element is hidden
- Previewed step is not this page
- You don't have access to previewed url
1-) Selected element is hidden
This means that our algorithm couldn't find the highlighted element which is selected by you. And the reason might be:
- You've selected an element which is not displayed on UI (hidden)
- Element you've selected is shown if a certain condition met (you've selected dropdown menu, which is open when user click or hover on the dropdown.)
2-) Previewed step is not this page
This means that you've selected an element on a different page than the current one. And, you've not connected these two steps with a click & tooltip. Our preview algorithm is not changing the URL in such a case.
Please make sure you connect these two different URL's with a click action.
3-) You don't have access to previewed url
This means that extension couldn't set the URL of a page as expected, or web page redirected the extension to a different page. Most of the time logging into authentication protected pages fix this.