Important: You need to get in contact with our support to use this feature.
UserGuiding stores user history on browsers' local storage by default. We create random unique user ids and relate them with the corresponding user histories.
However, you can opt for the User Identification, a feature we provide within the Growth and Enterprise plans and, relate user history with the Ids you've generated for them.
Establishing the User Identification Feature
The first argument should be the id of the user, and the second one is optional custom attributes.
name: 'John Lennon',
- We store user_id as a string, so you can use any data type that can be converted to a string.
- You can add the code above to any place in your JS file that suits you. Please don't add it to the container we've given you (See the example below).
- If you already have active guides, they'll stop showing from the moment we activate the feature for you until you set user id correctly.
- With this option, MAU calculation is based on user ids you've set.
- Since the storage is independent of the browser's local storage, so clearing cookies or application data won't affect UserGuiding history.
- You can ensure your user see guides only once even on different browsers or devices with this option.