In this article, we explain how you can activate a guide and make it visible to end-users visiting your application.
Important: To display guides upon your web application's pages, you need to complete integration with UserGuiding by embedding the container code.
How to make a Guides Visible (Live)?
- If you are done with creating a guide, come back to the UserGuiding panel and refresh the page, find the guide created.
- Click on its name or its gear icon and go to its settings page.
- Here, as you do with the hotspots, first select a container code for it.
Important: Container is the JS code that should be embedded on your web platform to integrate it with UserGuiding. The pages in which you want to show onboarding contents, such as guides, must contain this code.
- Finally, change the status to active, save, and click on green publish changes.
Publishing changes will make your guide visible on your webpage.
- If you go to the page in which you created the guide's first step and refresh it, you’ll see the guide started.
Important: If you want to make a guide invisible to the end-users, you can define its status as Inactive, again from the Settings.
Important: To start this guide on different page(s) of your application, you should utilize the Targeting inside Settings.