In panel.userguiding.com, under the Content section, there is Checklists tab, click on it. Here, you can find each Checklist you've created so far in list view. Also, you can proceed with creating new ones.
If you want to make changes upon an existing Checklist, click on its name, or on the gear icon of the same row to go to its settings page. Here, you can;
- Change its status from inactive to active and vice versa.
- Continue with the checklist format. (it's the default)
- If you want to unlock checklist items in order, choose that option.
- Enable the search function in order to help end users find the guides readily.
- Edit its title and subtitle.
- Define its container by using the dropdown menu.
Important: A Checklist should be in the same container with its Guides.
- Add new guides into it or drop the existing ones.
- If you don't add any goal, checklist items will be considered as completed when they are seen by the end user.
Important: If you want to set a custom goal for the guides to be checked, conditioning is exactly same as in creating segments. To learn more about Segmentation Properties and Rules, click here.
Important: Don't forget to check if the selected guides are set to custom trigger since triggering guides from a checklist is a custom triggering method.
- Next, define a targeting page for the checklist to decide on which pages you want it to be visible.
- Then choose the user segment who can see the checklist.
- Start designing the appearance of your checklist starting from the primary and secondary color settings.
- Next, set a custom font for its content. To learn how to set a custom font, check this article out.
Important: We position a checklist on the page through its launcher.
- Lastly, the launcher image, color, size and position all can be re-designed and previewed on this point.
To learn how to use the proper image settings for your Checklist Launcher, check this article out.
- You should control the final look of your checklist before making it live.
- Then, choose the Activate option under the Status header, save it and publish it on your platform by clicking on Green Publish Changes button on the right top.