In panel.userguiding.com, under the Content section, there is the Checklists tab; click on it.
Here, you can find each Help Center and Checklist you've created so far in the list view. Also, you can proceed with creating new ones. If you want to make changes to an existing Help Center, click on its name or on the gear icon of the same row to go to its settings page.
On the Content tab, you can:
- Choose the help center format.
- Enable the search function to help end-users find the guides readily.
- Edit its title and subtitle.
- Add new guides into it or drop the existing ones.
Important: Don't forget to check if the selected guides have the Auto-Trigger option turned off since triggering guides from a help center is a custom triggering method.
On the Customize tab, you can:
Important: We position a help center on the page through its launcher.
Finally, on the Configure tab, you can:
- Change the help center status from inactive to active and vice versa.
- Define a targeting page for the help center to decide on which pages you want it to be visible.
- Then choose the user segment who can see the help center. This one is visible for all users.
- Set the appearance for the help center. In this example, when the end-user access the target URL, it will show already open (Open by Default option).
- Important: Your web application must contain our container code to display the help center. And guides should be in the same container as their help center.
- Double-check the final look of your help center before making it live.
- Lastly, if you're happy with the final result, activate the help center, save all the changes, and publish them on your platform by clicking on the green Publish Changes button on the right top.
Creating Help Centers