Analytics Dashboard is designed to give you more visibility into your account usage and UserGuiding Content performance in one central place.
You can navigate to your Analytics Dashboard by clicking on Analytics > Dashboard to see your key content events over time.
This will give you better insights into the engagement and success of each live guide, hotspot, checklist, and NPS survey so that you can drive your platform to further success.
Understanding your Analytics Data within UserGuiding
Once you land on the Analytics Dashboard, you will see that it is comprised of a few sections:
- Monthly Active User (MAU)
- Content Tabs
- Analytics Data
It shows a total number of unique users visiting your platform pages within a given month, where UserGuiding's Container Code is installed. At the end of each month, automatically the total MAU count resets.
MAU can be calculated in two ways:
User Identification is NOT enabled (Default):
- By default, being a unique user is a session-level status of a user who has never visited your platform before.
- Your current MAU will be the current sum of all unique users defined based on their unique sessions within that month.
- One end-user can appear as a unique user twice throughout two different browser sessions. Learn More.
User Identification is enabled:
- It means you have identified your users by sending unique IDs for them to UserGuiding.
- Each unique ID means one unique user, which is 1 MAU.
- Your current MAU will be the current sum of all IDs you'd send within that month.
The Analytics dashboard can present information from different contents such as Guides, Hotspots, Checklists, and NPS.
By default, the dashboard shows how all of your guides performed over the course of the last 7 days. However, you can switch to any other content tab just by clicking on its name.
Content Tab Indicators
Each specific content tab includes two particular indicators; for example, the Guides Tab contains the followings:
- A total number of unique views from all your active guides within the last 7 days.
- Whether the total number of views increased or decreased compared to the previous week and the difference.
* unique view: the first time a unique user sees a guide.
In addition to guides, each content has its own particular indicators:
- Hotspot Interaction: The total number of unique interactions between your end-users and active hotspots within the last 7 days. Plus, the value compared to the previous week.
- Checklist Guide Triggers: The total number of unique guide trigger events from active checklists/ help centers within the last 7 days.
- NPS Score: Your current NPS score. Plus, the value compared to the previous week.
UserGuiding provides graphical and numerical reporting for overall and individual active or once-was-active content you have.
By default, the below line chart shows how all of your guides are daily performing the last 7 days. However, you can filter information by time range, then interact with graphs to retrieve date-specific data.
You can also switch between different content tabs and see how an individual content performs by selecting it in the dropdown above the main graph.
Overall and individual content analytics will give you more insight into performance and usage data. They consist of:
- Guide Analytics
- Hotspot Analytics
- Checklist Analytics
- NPS Analytics
Overall Content Performance
How your live contents perform can also be tracked through data given in the pie chart (1) and table (2).
For any content, if you select All 'content-type' in the dropdown above the main graph, you will retrieve content-specific information for an interval set at the date-picker.
- If you select All Guides, pie chart (1) shows the total view count for All Guides, and table (2) presents additional data for guide completion rates.
- If you select All Hotspots, the pie chart (1) and table (2) show the total interaction count for All Hotspots.
If you want to know an individual guide's total view count or the total interaction count of a hotspot, just hover over the desired percentage in the pie chart (1).
Individual Content Performance
If you decide to filter data from a specific content instead of the All 'content-type' option, you can simply find and select its name from the content dropdown menu.
You can also filter the data by time range, and look at how many users have seen, completed (guides), interacted (hotspots), used (checklists), and responded to(NPS) your live content.
For example, the line chart below shows us usage data for the checklist called "Onboarding Checklist (Level 1)"
Finally, you'll see a button called Export CSV at the bottom of the page, where you can export the data in a spreadsheet format. You can specify the data to be downloaded by using content tabs, dropdown, and the date-picker.