What is COVID-Meter?
UserGuiding developed the COVID-Meter to reduce uncertainty in your business and help you plan accordingly on these difficult days. COVID-Meter is an index ranging from -3 to 3 measuring how much the customers' businesses are affected by the latest COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-Score Calculation
We can calculate the COVID-score by asking customers one question: “How has your business been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?”
Based on their score, we subtract the % of people positively affected (0<COVID-index≤+3) from the % of those negatively affected (-3≤COVID-index<0).
Furthermore, on the Latest Responses section on the COVID-Meter dashboard, you'll be able to overview business-by-business the respective influence of coronavirus over your customers.
The Intercom Integration
The scores given by your customers on the COVID-Meter survey can be transferred to your Intercom account via our Intercom Integration. So, you can take action quickly for customers suffering from COVID-19 and hence likely to churn.
If you'd like to learn more about Userguiding's Intercom integration please visit this article: Intercom Integration
Creating the COVID-Meter Survey
Check out the following steps, you will learn how to create COVID-Meter Survey in no time!
- The first thing you should do is to log in to your UserGuiding Account.
- Once you've arrived in the Panel, under the Content section, you will find the COVID-Meter tab, click on it.
- There it is the template survey that is provided by UserGuiding.
- Next, click on the Settings and basically you can choose a container for your Survey, change its status to active, and start using it with the default setting.
In this case:
Survey Question: How has your business been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Contact Question: Please enter your company name below and we will contact you shortly.
However, if you'd like to prepare your COVID-Meter Survey from scratch, here are the steps you should consider from top to bottom:
- First, edit the COVID-Meter Survey Question, and then the Contact Question.
- The latter is optional, in case you'd like to collect the name of the businesses you're collecting the data from.
- Then, you can rewrite the rating scale texts from terribly to positively.
- Select any primary and secondary colors for the theme and Preview the final state of your survey.
- In order to specify on which page the survey appears before your end-users, define a target page URL and choose a rule.
- Remember, you can designate multiple targets for your survey.
- Proceed by setting the Appearance options on how frequently you'd like to display the COVID-Meter to your customers and the other related settings. Learn more about Appearance Settings.
- Then, choose the percentage of the users that will be sampled. Learn more about Sample Settings.
- After that, you can define a specific user segment for your survey via Custom Segmentation. (Learn more about Segmentations.)
- Finally, choose the Default Container, the container code (or embed-code) we have created for you. What is a Container Code?
- If you are satisfied with the result, to make the survey visible for your end-users, visit the top of the page and change its status to Active.
- Save the changes you've made, and COVID-Meter will be live on your webpage for your end-users if you have successfully embedded your Container Code to your webpage.
- If you haven't integrated into Userguiding yet, you can check out on this article on code embeds: How do I embed the Container Code?
- Already got your Covid-Meter Survey up and running? Check this article to learn how to interpret your Covid-Meter Score.