When you're changing a guide's targeting and carrying it from one page to another, you should also change its "Flow" on the Chrome Extension. Otherwise, when you trigger this guide, the old targeting's URL is going to be recalled and you're going to be redirected there.
If you're wondering how...🤔 Let me explain briefly, but before that just remember:
- Guides are made up of steps and, you can create a guide by creating either one or more steps.
- Guides come into view on their targeting URL(s).
- A guide's default targeting & flow is the same as the URL of the page in which you've created its first step.
- Basically the first step's URL a.k.a the starting URL is what we call Flow which exists as a fall-back URL.
If you trigger a guide in a page which is not applying to guide's targeting rule:
- This triggered guide recalls its Flow URL so that it can start since Guides can come into view only on their targeting URL(s).
- This means, your current page changes into the page in which you've created its first step. Guides can start from their first steps.
That's why you should always change a guide's flow, when you carry it from one page to another.
Not changing the flow: means that you carried a guide but left its first step behind. And old flow will always override the guide migration and redirect you to its old targeting.
And to learn more about this topic, you can always take a look at the article called What is "Flow" Settings?