Checklists are onboarding contents containing a list of guides organizedly. Guides in a checklist can be triggered if you click onto their names.
Every guide in a checklist must have a condition to be considered completed and marked with a check.
In this article, we explain how you can create a checklist that is marked off with user actions and gets hidden when all items are marked.
How to hide a checklist when all steps are completed
The below checklist has four guides. If you look at their completion conditions given under the Completed When section, it is Guide Seen which is the default condition
By default, if a guide is seen by a user, it means the guide reached its goal and can win the tick.
We want this checklist to get hidden when all guides are seen, reach their goal, and are marked with a tick. Thus, end-users who have seen all guides will no longer see the Checklist Launcher.
In other words, this checklist must be visible to users only who yet have not seen all the guides in it. To have that:
- We must create a custom user segment involving end-users who yet have not seen all the guides in it.
- Set this custom segment to the Checklist.
Important: The following user segment is created based on the completion condition of the checklist guides. If you've set custom goals for the checklist items, you should create the user segment based on those custom goals.
Important: To set custom goals for guides, click on "Guide Seen". Then, switch to the "Goal Reached" to set a new goal to condition the guide.
Creating User Segment for the Checklist
Segments are used throughout UserGuiding to group end-users and target them for guides, checklists, and etc.
- First, arrive at panel.userguiding.com
- Find the Segmentation Tab under the “Customization” section in the left-hand menu.
- Go to the Segmentation page and click on the +NEW SEGMENT button.
- Name your segment and open the dropdown menu and select Guide as the segment property.
- Select not seen as the rule and one of the guides of the Checklist. (Guide 1)
To learn more about Segmentation Properties and Rules, check this article out!
- Click on +ADD A PROPERTY and create the same segmentation condition with all guides in the checklist.
- Be sure about including all guides of the checklist and select OR as the property condition.
Not Seen All Guides in Checklist: A segment constitutes of all end-users who have not seen at least one of the guides in the checklist.
Match Checklist with User Segment
- Go to the Checklist's Settings.
- Here, you'll see that the default segmentation setting is All Users.
- Click on Custom Segmentation to select the suitable user segment from the opening dropdown menu.
- SAVE the final setting of the checklist and remember to click on green Publish Changes to update its live version too, by updating the container code.
From this forth, the checklist will continue to be displayed to that user even s/he has not seen only one guide.
If you add new guides to your checklist, to protect its visibility condition, always remember to update your user segment accordingly.