What is GDPR?
The GDPR sets up legal protections around personal data that originates in the EU, but applies to any company that handles the personal data of users in the EU. UserGuiding (YNOT Partners, Inc.) is a US company, yet all of our customers with one or more end users in the EU need to ensure that each 3rd party service used (including UserGuiding) is GDPR-compliant in order to be GDPR-compliant themselves.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UserGuiding relied on your consent to process your personal information.
We're happy to answer other questions about the GDPR, security or compliance -- please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]